|“|| Well, well, well.. look who's in "treble..".|
–Bumper and Donald during new Treblemaker initiation
|Group name:||The Treblemakers|
|Type:||A cappella group|
|Head:|| Bumper (formerly)|
|Known members:|| Bumper(formerly)|
The Treblemakers is an all-boy a cappella group at Barden University (based on "On the Rocks" an all-male a cappella group at the University of Orgeon) in Atlanta, Georgia who has won the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella six times before they lost to the Barden Bellas.
It was shown that they won the riff-off, due to the fact that the Bellas were cut off even though the B U Harmonics did not get to sing.
Their cheer is "1, 2, 3, Swag!"They are also one of the four A Capella groups at Barden University. The other three are the Barden Bellas, the High Notes and the BU Harmonics. In the beginning of the movie, it shows 10 Treblemakers, although there are only 8 before Jesse, Benji, and Kolio join. 2 of them were presumably seniors.
Their name is a play on Trouble Makers, representing the group's wacky personality
The name is a fairly obvious pun,and has been used for years by a fair number of real-life musical groups.In the world of collegiate a cappella,"Treblemakers" exist at
- Boston University (mixed-sex)
- Cal Tech (all-female)
- NYU (mixed-sex)
- University of Maryland (all-female)
- Northwestern University (mixed-sex,East-Asian-focus)
- SUNY Binghamton (mixed-sex,alternative rock)
- The College of New Jersey (all-female)
- Drexel University (all-female)
"Treble" being a musical range more suited to female than male voices, the film's use of the name for an all-male group is fairly exceptional.
- Rihanna's Don't Stop The Music
- Flo Rida's Right Round
- Cee Lo Green's Bright Lights Bigger City/B.o.B. & Rivers Cuomo's Magic
TrebleMakers Riff-Off SongsEdit
- Toni Basil's Mickey- Ladies of the 80's
- Salt-N-Pepa's Let's Talk About Sex- Songs about Sex
- Foreigner's Feels Like The First Time- Songs about Sex
- Dazz Band's Let it Whip
- Lovin Spoonful's Do You Believe in Magic