Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“|| Well, well, well.. look who's in "treble..".|
– Bumper and Donald during new Treblemakers initiation
The Treblemakers is an all-boy a cappella group at Barden University (based on "On the Rocks" an all-male a cappella group at the University of Oregon) in Atlanta, Georgia who has won the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella six times before they lost to the Barden Bellas.
It was shown that they won the Riff-Off, when the High Notes were disqualified when one of their members was shown stoned and both the Bellas and the BU Harmonics were disqualified for matching the word "it" (It Feels Like the First Time) to "it's" (No Diggity).
In the sequel they perform Lollipop to the freshmen at the school's new students orientation. In the riff off, they were first cut off since Benji discontinued performing their song because he saw an 'angel' in his eyes (in fact it was actually his crush).
Their cheer is "1, 2, 3, swag!!"
In the beginning of the movie, it shows 10 Treblemakers, although there are only 8 before Jesse, Benji, and Kolio join. 2 of them were presumably seniors.
Their name is a play on Trouble Makers, representing the group's wacky personality. The name Treblemakers is a fairly obvious pun, and has been used for years by a fair number of real-life musical groups. In the world of Collegiate a cappella, "Treblemakers" exist at
- Carnegie Mellon University (mixed-sex)
- Boston University (mixed-sex)
- Cal Tech (all-female)
- NYU (mixed-sex)
- University of Maryland (all-female)
- Northwestern University (mixed-sex, East-Asian focus)
- SUNY Binghamton (mixed-sex, alternative rock)
- The College of New Jersey (all-female)
- Drexel University (all-female)
"Treble" being a musical range is more suited to female than male voices, the film's use of the name for an all-male group is fairly exceptional.
- Rihanna's Don't Stop The Music
- Flo Rida's Right Round
- Cee Lo Green's Bright Lights Bigger City/B.o.B. & Rivers Cuomo's Magic
Treblemakers Riff-Off Songs
- Ladies of the 80's
- Toni Basil's Mickey
- Songs about s*x
- Salt-N-Pepa's Let's Talk About Sex
- Foreigner's Feels Like The First Time
- Songs about Butts (Riff Off 2)
- Sir-Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back
- Dazz Band's Let it Whip
- Lovin Spoonful's Do You Believe in Magic (mentioned)
- Mika's Lollipop
- Bruno Mars' Locked Out of Heaven (unaired performance)